Best Paint Sprayer Reviews
Traditionally, to paint your house, you would have needed to get either a paint brush or a roller. While neither of these had a problem, they did require one to have a lot of skills in order to get results. And as if that is not enough, a lot of time was spent painting your house or the walls using these.
Those times have passed, and it is time you get up-to-date with the latest gadget in painting named as a paint sprayer. Considering that not many people might be conversant with this, this guide will help you make the transition from buying, all the way to making the best use of the gadget without having to look at multiple best paint sprayer reviews.
1. What is a best paint sprayer reviews?
A paint sprayer is a gadget that allows you to apply paint to a wall through spraying as opposed to using a paint brush or a roller. It comes with a small tank where one can put the paint, a pump and hose where the spray comes out of.
In most cases it has a controller to prevent one from spilling the spray as they move from place to place. In order to be able to enjoy the best results, you have first to make sure that you buy the best there is.
2. Reviews of Three Best Paint Sprayer:
Now that you know how beneficial the best paint sprayer can be; let us have a look at some of the paint sprayers.
The Wagner Control Spray Max
– This is a paint sprayer that combines a metal gun spray, a variable control for air pressure, a powerful turbine that has two stages that make it very easy to paint surfaces with thinner materials and latex.
– The device provides you with versatility as it has three spray patterns. In addition, it has a 20 foot flex that is meant to extend your reach. And as if that is not all, it has air filters (two) that keeps off dust from the finish.
HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer:– This has a small and easy to use paint sprayer which allows it to deliver a flow rate of about 0.33GPM ensuring an optimal surface coverage.
– In addition, it has a 35ft. hose that allows you a sizeable range of motion when working between surfaces. It also features a cart that can collapse which adds to its portability during the painting job.
Graco Magnum X5 (262800) Airless Paint Sprayer:– If you are looking for a lightweight device to help you with your painting, then this is a device for you. Many paint sprayer reviews have termed it as a light duty sprayer.
– It is best-suited for homeowners who are looking to paint once in a while in and around the house.
– It comes equipped with all that you would need to start working immediately including a 25 ft. Dura flex hose, an SG10 metal spray gun that has a handle filter, an airless spray tip, an operational DVD, 8 ounces of storage of fluid as well as a start-up guide to get you going. What more could you ask for right?
At this point, you will agree that this is one of the most informative reviews of all the paint sprayer reviews that are doing rounds in the internet. If you were not sure why you should make a purchase and what kind of paint sprayer that you should get, this guide should have pointed you in the direction and provided you with all that you need for your next painting job.
3. What to look for when buying a paint sprayer:
After you have settled on getting yourself a new paint sprayer, there are a number of things that you should consider to ensure that you make the best purchase as well as one that will fit into your needs. Given this, this paint sprayer review will come in handy to guide you into making that all important purchase.
The first thing that you should check is the horsepower of the equipment. The higher the horsepower, the more paint the sprayer is able to push out at any given time. This is even more so important for people that would like a machine that can get the job done quickly. A higher horsepower means that the user can get the job done faster.
- The tipsThe next thing that you will need to look at is the tip of the sprayer. However, this is more or less going to be dictated by the viscosity of the paint that you will be using. If the paint is thick then, the tip should be wider. This allows for the paint to be able to exit without drooling and making a mess on the floor. As you would guess, a wide tip would go hand in hand with a higher horsepower.
- Cord or cordlessWhile most people might opt to go for the portable paint sprayer, it does not come without its own challenges; for instance, for a person that is working on a fence, or a large project, a lot of time would be lost when recharging the batteries of the sprayer. As such, it is much wiser to go with the corded option for those who intend to do some intensive painting. However, for things like doors you may use the cordless version.
- Length of the hoseThe length of the hose will not only give you an easier time when you are working at a distance since you won’t have to keep on moving the pump, it will also makes it easier for you to clean.
- ControlsIrrespective of whether you go for the high-powered or an ordinary paint sprayer, it is imperative to make sure that you get one that lets you to choose the pressure that you would like to use. It would be an added advantage if the paint sprayer has other controls like cleaning and roller setting which help to extend the life of the sprayer tips.
4. Types of paint sprayers:
- Cup sprayers: If you’re looking for something basic that will allow you to get simple tasks around your home completed, then this is the best airless paint sprayer that you can opt for. It is ideal for those that like doing things themselves since they can get the job done in a quick and uniform way, without having to deal with the features of the more advanced paint sprayers. However, when using this, you have to make sure that you use a mask.
- Air Sprayers: This is a more conventional model that makes use of compressed air to create a spray pattern. They can get the job done with a very smooth touch to it. The best thing is that these types of paint sprayers are able to handle a variety of paint types, but some may require you to dilute the paint further or them to be efficient. Extensive masking is required when you use these types of air sprayers, and it is best if you stand at least 12 inches from the object that is being painted.
- Airless sprayers: These are perhaps the most functional paint sprayers that you can come across. They are able to handle a wide variety of paints ranging from the thick latex paints all the way down to the thinnest stains that you can get. Additionally, airless paint sprayer reviews have dubbed these types of paint sprayers as the fastest in the field making them quite the piece for most painters. It is vital that you use some sort of masking with these types of paint sprayers to ensure your safety and stand at least 12 inches away from the place that you’re working on.
- HVLP sprayersAlso known as High Volume Low pressure sprayers, these use a high volume of air that helps in breaking the paint and forcing it into the nozzle. There is also another stream of air, this time in low pressure that goes through the nozzle. Upon meeting the paint that has been broken up, it creates a fine mist as a spray pattern that has very minimal overspray making this type of sprayer ideal for detailed work. Most paint sprayers reviews have also taunted them as ideal for interior work which is in every bit true. For this type of sprayers, some sort of masking is also required with a spraying distance of about 8 inches being highly recommended.
5. Advantages of using paint sprayers:
At this point, you definitely agree that paint sprayers are indeed extremely helpful for painting large areas compared to rollers or even brushes. However, if you are one of those people who need a lot of convincing, the following part of this paint sprayer’s review is for you. Read on to discover the benefits that these have to offer.
- Accessibility and speed: As opposed to the paint brushes or even rollers, painting with a sprayer is far more efficient and faster especially if, you are required to paint a large surface. The small particles that are sprayed usually ensure that you cover every nook and cranny in the corners of the walls or furniture with ease without having to go over the surface several times. With paint brushes or rollers, you cannot access the small cracks and spaces because of the shape that they have. And to make matters even worse, if you try and force tee roller to paint those corners, you might end up having unsightly scratches on the surface of your walls or even splotches of the wet paint. With paint sprayers, you will not have this problem as they are designed to spray paint finely in the hard to reach places.
- Even coating: As you might have noticed by now, paint rollers and brushes do not offer you with a smooth finish. A paint sprayer, on the other hand, is the best tool given that it sprays tiny particles of paint that form a very fine mist that envelops every inch of the surface that it gets into contact with. This bit about paint sprayers makes them very convenient for painting furniture, window frames and stairs. However, you will need to very careful when you are working. The passes should not be very close together or overlap too many times as this will result in an uneven look. Also, be sure to cover the windows, floors and trims that you do not want to paint.
- Variety: As is evident in paint sprayers reviews, it is without a doubt that paint sprayers offer contractors, professional painters and homeowners a wide variety from which to choose from. Regardless of the job that you want to be done, you should get the best sprayer and one that you can afford. There is no point in straining as even the most basic paint sprayer will get the job done but with certain limitations – apparently. These limitations however are not enough to make you forfeit the job altogether. With the basic models, you are restricted to using one kind of paint while with the advanced sprayer models; you can use different stains or paints. Adjustable models will also allow you to use paints that vary in thickness and at different times.There are also portable sprayers that are best for small projects where the surface that needs to be covered is not as large.
- Safety :
- You should never use a sprayer when it is windy as the paint will just be blown away giving you an uneven coating or even get into your eyes.
- Also, to avoid any injury, you should be in protective clothing that includes goggles and gloves.
- Never point the head of the sprayer at yourself as a force at which the paint is released from the sprayer is powerful enough to force the paint into your skin. However, if it does happen, be sure to seek medical attention immediately.
- Before cleaning a power sprayer unplug it from the power source after turning it off. You should then press down on the trigger to release any pressure that might have been left in the hose.
- Always leave the safety lock on when you are not working with the sprayer.